Wednesday, January 4, 2012
I fell like this story is being told from a point of view that might be more inclined toward one side. Someone below said that this story was told by a man from a woman’s stand point which i found interesting. The difference I saw is that the world which he is living in is the opposite of the stereotypical world we live in. Then another student below felt bad for the guy but when we look at the world around us the things going on in the man’s life is what stereotypically goes on in woman’s lives today so maybe we are forced to feel pity for this guy to raise awareness about what woman go through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree, that's the same way I felt about the story. That the world is switched around and men now have the role women are seen playing in today's world. I think it's almost funny when the author writes "Now when he bought his paper he made sure to stick some of his pre-prepared post it notes to the naked boys on the covers of women's magazines" (Simpson119). That really made me see the femininity that the man in the story had.
ReplyDelete