Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Night Thoughts" by Helen Simpson

As I read through this short story I came across a few sentences that made me feel sympathetic towards the man. I felt as if the women was a bit too demanding and instead of her communicating with her husband to try and better the situation, she much rather constantly complain and not confabulate causing her husband to feel depressed and hopeless.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think this lady is tired of her husband? Do you think if she could get a divorce and find someone better she would?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that his wife is simply a gold digger and she is doing the same thing she did to her previous husdbands, she obviously dont care about their relationship and i think her children don't mean a lot to her either. She is siply trying to brake this man and move to the next one.

    ReplyDelete