Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Night Thought's"

I found this was a very interesting reading. This kind of showed an insight into a "Man's" thoughts of his relationships with his wife and kids. My question is after all his problems he points out about his wife and his duties to his family in his night thoughts, will he have the courage to tell her how he feels and see if anything changes in his routine life?

6 comments:

  1. No, I do not think he will. I think that he feels that if he tells her that, then she will leave him. The "man" does not have any self-confidence so it will be difficult for him to find another woman. I think he has it in his mind that he may never be with another woman so it is just best that he accepts what he has. The thing we don't know that could be a factor is the man's past relationships, if he had any relationships in the past at all. This may play another factor in him just accepting who he is with. Even at the end the narrator explained that the man accepted the situation because it was "natural".

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is not going to tell his wife about that. Although he feels that there are many problems in his family that he has to take care of and he has compaints about his wife, he concludes by himself that he is not going to bring them up and nothing is going to change. I think that as he is getting older, he feels that his position in his family is getting lower, and he is becoming useless, so he may think the best thing he can do is to accept what he has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is not going to tell his wife how he feels. He is to scared of her and it is not in him to speak up and say what he feels. His personality is very feminine like. Hes afraid of her and he is weak. He doesn't want to cause problems or get her angry. Eventhough he is unhappy he is just going to live this way anyway because its easier for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I beleive a person can only hold so much inside. In my opinion, I think that this guy will soon explode after he gets fed up with his "significant other" based on all of her rude, carless, hurtful words. She is destroying this man verbaly & doesn't even show any signs of sympathy. I think he will speak up eventualy and things will change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I do not think he will. The man has no self-confidence, so how will he get the courage to say something like that to his wife? In the story he used post-it notes as a prop to cover the half-naked men on the magazine which made him seem that he is jealous of them. This action is a sign of lack of confidence. Throughout the story it seems that he just accepts everything the way it is. For example, even though he knows his wife watches porn, he does not say anything about it. This would most likely be a problem for other husbands. "And there would be absolutely no point in dragging any of these nights thoughts up into the daylight, he decided as he drew the curtains; nothing was going to change. This was the way things were. This was the natural order." This quote at the end of the passage shows that he accepts his life. Given this, the chances of him confronting his wife are slim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe now that the man would not tell his wife about the problems he sees going on in his family because hes afraid he would lose his family and he just believe nothing would change. He just accepted his life as it is.

    ReplyDelete