I think the poem "To His Coy Mistress" is about a man show affection to his women, seem like he is a caring and lovely guy. My question is do you consider him to be masculine?
Interesting perspective on the speaker-a caring and lovely guy- in Marvell's "To His Coy Mistress." But I would have to disagree. Any lines from the poem to support your claim? To offer an answer to your question whether the speaker is masculine or not, I'd have to say he is stereotypically uber-masculine, especially when he says "Two hundred to adore each breasts,/ But thirty thousand to the rest" (15-16)"Thy beauty shall no more be found"(25).
Interesting perspective on the speaker-a caring and lovely guy- in Marvell's "To His Coy Mistress." But I would have to disagree. Any lines from the poem to support your claim?
ReplyDeleteTo offer an answer to your question whether the speaker is masculine or not, I'd have to say he is stereotypically uber-masculine, especially when he says "Two hundred to adore each breasts,/ But thirty thousand to the rest" (15-16)"Thy beauty shall no more be found"(25).