You are white-
yet a part of me, as I am a part of you.
That's American.
Sometimes perhaps you don't want to be a part of me.
Nor do I often want to be part of you.
But we are, that's true!
I guess you learn from me-
although you're older-and white-
and some what more free. (31-39)
As illustrated in[the above passage] the speaker's voice reflects the hope for better life for everyone.[Here you need to analyze examples from the above quoted passage.] The "Dream" that Martin Luther King talked about shines through his voice. [Here you once again need to provide an example from the above quoted passage to illustrate that what the speaker says echoes Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s dream.] It is very relevant to today's society. We have, after all, a black president.
Hughes, Langston. "Theme for English B." The Seagull Reader: Literature. Ed. Joseph
Kelly. New York: W. W. Norton &Company, 2005. 504-505. Print.
Kelly. New York: W. W. Norton &Company, 2005. 504-505. Print.
Thank you, Sirkku, Ananica and Afeisha for sharing your group work on Hughes' "Theme for English B." I made two corrections. The first is the format of your block quote-every line of a block quote must be indented 10spaces or one click of the TAB button. And your MLA documetation was incorrect as the title of the poem was italicized and in quotation marks, and some infromation was missing. Do review this in The Little Penguin Handbook before the exam tomorrow.
ReplyDelete