Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Night Thoughts" By Helen Simpson

Was this story supposed to be a man living through a woman's point of view? I think it was borderline sexiest because of how generic and stereotypical it was about a women's life, yes it was told by a man but the author made it seem he was living in a woman's shoes.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Its possible that the author was trying to show a man living a woman's life in a marriage...or a woman acting more like a man in a marriage. Either or could be possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick Write- Simpsons "Night Thoughts"

    I believe the reason why the author chose the man to seem as he is living through a woman's point of view is because the reader would automatically relate the character Dave's feelings to that of a woman. Though it is rare, some men do live that way. I think we the readers are in fact the ones that are stereotypical and not the author. If anything she may be trying to take us out that state of mind. Good Question :)

    ReplyDelete